The great news just keeps on rolling in after Tuesday. Here are some great (and some not so great) side effects that we can look forward to:
10. The Clinton Foundation will close up shop, since with no influence to peddle no one will donate to it.
9. The media will try to build momentum to elect Hillary Clinton Speaker of the House for the sake of national unity (and since she won the popular vote, dontcha know). President Trump and Vice President Pence will then have to avoid being in the same place for four years.
8. We will never hear the name Alicia Machado again. Or Sidney Blumenthal, Robbie Mook, or Jennifer Palmieri. Or Huma Abedin (unless she ends up in the dock or in the pages of the Federal Register as having been granted a pardon).
7. Ivanka Trump will be America’s first woman president, maybe around 2028 (while the left decries the Trumps for trying to create a dynasty).
6. Democrats will move to abolish the electoral college. Democrats will rediscover the majesty of the filibuster, the perniciousness of the presidential executive order, and the importance of checks and balances.
5. Merrick Garland will resign his judgeship, join the Harvard Law School faculty, and become a bitter old man writing op-eds and appearing on MSNBC panels relentlessly attacking President Trump. He may run for Senate and prove to be just as leftist as Elizabeth Warren.
4. The bubble for firearm and ammunition company stocks will end (though the Soros-funded rioters may keep up demand under they peter out).
3. Chelsea Clinton will run for office (the only way to prevent #10). Kirsten Gillibrand will lose her status as liberal icon and be pressured to make way for Chelsea to take her seat. Ditto for Richard Durbin once Michelle Obama decides that she’s entitled to a senate seat too.
2. James Taranto will grudgingly have to retire his “we blame George W. Bush meme.” Glenn Reynolds will happily have to retire his “TAXPROF ROUNDUP: The IRS Scandal, Day XXX” meme. CBS will finally be able to cancel Madam Secretary, which was presumably created as an in-kind donation/hagiography to the Clinton campaign (every time you saw a promo for the show, you were supposed to think of Hillary Clinton).
1. The Trump Organization will have to change its name back to the original German Trumpf to avoid any conflict of interest.